Other definitions of "casket" via the Internet:
- coffin: box in which a corpse is buried or cremated
- small and often ornate box for holding jewels or other valuables
- a little box, e.g. for jewellery; An urn; The type of coffin with upholstery and a half-open lid.
- also called a burial case. A container made from wood, metal or plastic into which a body is placed for burial.
- a casket is any container designed for holding human remains. It may be made of wood, metal or fiberglass. They are seldom called "coffins' in the funeral industry.
- a rigid container designed for the encasement of human remains and customarily constructed of wood or metal, ornamented and lined with fabric and for viewing of the body from the waist up.
- a box or chest for burying remains
- a receptacle of wood, metal or plastic that houses the prepared body
"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry